We had our first pool session today which went very well.
Its a custom built ROV based on Raspberry Pi in the BlueRov2 hull, using a custom built, touch based, wireless web interface on a Samsung Galaxy tablet. There is also the option of dual control and views because the same interface was running on a PC at the same time.
There were a few known issues that will be tidied up in the coming weeks:
- The network tether is not plugged in - we used WiFi today. Below the surface the thrusters were running a pre-programmed set of commands.
- Running computer power off the main battery is not in place yet - we used a second USB battery in the electronic enclosure.
- The thruster directional control virtual joystick needs some more attention.
For a first test, it seemed to go very well with no unexpected issues.