Fathom-X Tether Interface Board Set

Hi,

I recently bought the Fathom-X Tether Interface Board Set, but I do not know how to configure them. Can you send me a tutorial or explain to me in the reply section?

Thanks

Here is the Quick Start guide (there is no software configuration involved):

Do you have a schematic map of the system?

I don’t know exactly what do you mean here: “1. Connect two wires from the tether cable to the terminal block.”

What is the tether cable?

Wire colors are just for clarity:

The tether cable can be any 2-wire pair of your choosing. You don’t have to use our tether (ours is just neutrally buoyant), but you will need 2 wires for Ethernet communications.

hey the link is broken. Is there another way I can access that page?

Hi @sajjadbsharif, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve edited Kevin’s original comment to use an updated link, which should work.

Hi Kevin
First, I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to use. I haven’t figured these out yet.
I connected my two boards with a small tether. On board connects to a laptop. The other connects to an Arduino Mega Ethernet shield. I cannot ping the ethernet shield. Is the ethernet shield the proper use for the board or do I need to connect a RPi or similar controller first. If not, why can’t I see the ethernet shield. I am 99% sure I have configured the ethernet network on the laptop correctly. There seems to be some data from the laptop as the data LEDs on the laptop, both boards and Arduino Mega ethernet shield blink. If I connect the ethernet cable from the laptop directly to the Ethernet shield, I can ping it and control all the I/O on the Mega.
Thank You
gameworn

Hi @gameworn , youre definitely in the right spot!

I haven’t had the chance to play with an Arduino Ethernet shield, so I cant give to specifics.

Starting out though I would recommend disconnecting the Fathom-X setup and try your connection with a regular Ethernet cable first and see if you get an appropriate connection.

If that works, then re-connect the Fathom-X assembly. Use the 5V USB power inputs and reconnect your tether. You should get two green lights on both boards for “Power” and “Link”.

1 Like

Hi Kevin
If I connect a cat5 RJ45 cable from the laptop to the Arduino Shield, everything works as desired. I do have both power and link lights on the 2 boards. However; when I connect the laptop to one board and from the second one, the Arduino shield, both with RJ45 cat 5 cables, I cannot see the Arduino shield anymore. I cannot ping it or run any I/O. The Ethernet shield has it’s own mac address and requires a manually installed IP address. I think I am going to see if I can scrounge an Rpi and hook it up to the fathom-x, just to see if they will connect.