Current of t100

i have new t100 thruster and the new blue robotics basic esc one i connected them with apower supply of 12 v 30 amp
i used arduino to control it and put the esc in water
by using the ammeter (multimeter) is see that the current used by motor in full load is 3.7 amp by 1900 micro seconds signal
is that normal or there is a problem with esc or thruster
the thruster work well and powerful but it is strange to me ,as blue robotics says that t100 in full load(1900 microseconds) takes 12 ampere

Hi @youssef_maged,

Can you please share some pictures of your setup, as well as clarify where you are measuring the current? If using inadequate wiring between the power supply, ESC, and thruster, excessive voltage drop could be present. Current should be measured at the power input the the ESC, not along the thruster/ESC phase wires.

-Adam

right now i cant provide with picture
but i connected the three phase of thruster directly to it an d but if in water the i connected the esc to a lithium battery 3 cells (of 12 v) the i connected the signal connector to arduino and connect the arduino to power bank to provide stable current
tell me is that description helps you?

@adam

@adam @jwalser

right now i cant provide with picture
but i connected the three phase of thruster directly to it an d but if in water the i connected the esc to a lithium battery 3 cells (of 12 v) the i connected the signal connector to arduino and connect the arduino to power bank to provide stable current
tell me is that description helps you?

@patrickelectric

Hi @youssef_maged,

Unfortunately more details are needed to determine if there is an issue. A picture would help clarify significantly.

Can you measure the voltage at the ESC under load?

What gauge/length are the wires going from the power supply to the ESC, and the ESC to the thruster (other than the stock cable) if applicable? What current capability does your battery have (discharge rating and capacity)? Excessive voltage drop could happen due to any one of these things.

How are you testing the thruster, is it in a small vessel/bucket? If water begins circulating and the inlet velocity to the thruster is nonzero, static thrust conditions are no longer present and current draw will drop.

Please avoid calling multiple BR engineers to a post in short succession, we will respond to your post as we can, it is not necessary to call direct attention from everyone. It may take a day or two, especially during weekends when we are not normally working.

-Adam

i am sorry for calling others
for picture i cannot supply it now as the thruster is not with me right now
the length of wire i think is less than 1 m
for the voltage reading the voltage was in range of 12 volt
i think the problem was testing the thruster in small vessel (water begins circulating)
i will test it in pool
thank you