Current and PWM piloting T200

Hello!
I’ve got a T200 thruster piloting with a RPI4 and an ESC.
both are alimented with a 12V - 30Ah battery.
When i plug the ESC/thruster, i hear three beeps, after that i’m sending a PWM signal of 7.5 (freq. 50Hz) to send a neutral signal of 1500 microseconds.
after that the thruster does one beep and nothing else,

Do i have done something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

Hi @vladvlad8397, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

The first three beeps indicate the three phases of the motor are correctly detected. The next beep indicates the ESC has been given a signal in the valid operating range, and then once it detects a 1500us signal it beeps again to indicate the thruster is armed. After that the thruster can be controlled as expected.

If you’re missing the final beep then most likely your PWM signal isn’t accurate or precise enough to be recognised as a valid ‘stop’ signal. In this previous post, the user found that the default RPi library only allows software PWM which isn’t very accurate. They then switched to the PiGPIO library, which uses hardware timing, and stopped having issues.

I’d suggest you try installing PiGPIO and using that. If you’d prefer a more abstracted/intuitive interface you can also install GPIOZero (which allows you to use PiGPIO as a backend) and use a Servo instance to control the relevant pin :slight_smile:

Hello Eliot!

Thanks for your answer, i’m using the GPIO node-red module, which, maybe isn’t as accurate as it should be,
i’lll try to monitor the thruster without the module, just with a python code and the good libraries!

vlad

1 Like