Cannot Map Newton Subsea Gripper Buttons

Hello,
My team is working on trying to control both of pur Newton Subsea Grippers. We have the signal wires plugged into AUX 1 and 2, and in trouble shooting we plugged it into AUX 3. However, when we go to map the necessary buttons for the gripper, Servo_n_min_momentary and Servo_n_max_momentary do not show. We are unsure of what may cause this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, what do you see? Can you share a picture?

I can’t provide a picture at the current moment, however it skips where the option to map any servos and just goes from the relay options to custom options

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I just upgraded to ArduSub 4.1.0 Beta and Companion 0.0.31 to integrate the WaterLinked DVL. The Button map dropped the servo controls and the Flight modes. I think the Flight modes are still there under enter_mode_n but Inot sure if one of the others may still be tied to servo3 which I had been using previously for the Newton Gripper. I am attaching 2 pics of the new button map.
TIA,
Jim

Hi @SMCJim,

The is a known issue which occurs if QGC is opened before the vehicle connects to it. Re-starting QGC should bring back the missing options :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, changing the boot order did not affect the button variables that are available.
Regards,
Jim

Nm,

After reading the github post a bit more thoroughly i was able to regain the proper button values by letting it fully connect and then closing and reopening QGC. Thanks again!

1 Like