Battery wires / connection

Im using 4 T100 thrusters with ESC for my AUV and I’m trying to figure out how to connect the ESC and ardunio to the battery.

There’s two blue wires on the battery and i’m wondering what is it for?

I hope you guys can help me with this.

Thanks

@deenshah,

I believe that the two blue wires coming from the battery are for a battery thermistor that the battery charger can use to prevent overheating the battery during charging.

The T100 Thruster can only except a maximum battery voltage input of 16 volts. The BR Li-On battery has a nominal voltage of 14.8 vdc, but can be higher when fully charged. Therefore it might be best to consult with BR to determine if the Li-On battery fully charged voltage might be too high for the T100 Thruster.

You will need a voltage regulator to reduce the voltage of the battery to between 6 - 12 vdc for the Arduino, if your ESC does not have a +5 vdc BEC output, with around 9 vdc being preferred. The ESC should have no problem handling the battery voltage.

Here is an instructable detailing on how to attach an ESC/Brushless Motor to an Arduino.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

@tciii
Do you know if I can test the T200 without the ESC - test them with 12V, signal wire to plus ?

@SDI,

The T200 Thruster has an internal Brushless Motor that cannot be run on just 12 vdc like a Brushed motor.

The T200 Thruster requires a Brushless Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) as shown in the instructable link in my post above.

You can use the BR Thruster Commander along with a reversible ESC to test your T200.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Thank you for that.

Thank you! :+1: