I need more THRUST from the T200

I am currently running a t200 off a 12v deep cycle marine battery.

I am looking to have more power generated from my t200. I will only need more thrust for short bursts from 10-20 seconds at a time. This will be done on a limited basis and NOT long term uses.

Can I wire this to two 12 volt deep cycle marine batteries in parallel or series? If so, will this affect anything else that is currently hooked up to these batteries? I have other things connected to these batteries and do not won’t to risk any damage to them. They are protected by fuses.

How do I wire it?

Thank you

1 Like

Hey Gary!

I believe The T200 operates from 6-20VDC if you connect in serie those batteries you will have 24VDC which might damage your Thrusters and if you connect in parallel nothing might help as this connection will only help to have more operating time as the mAh will be increased. How about using one or two BR batteries at 16.8VDC or equivalent connected in parallel?

1 Like

Hi @ghammerle,

The T200 is designed to run best at 16V, and is rated to run well up to 20V. Beyond that, long term performance and durability has not been tested, though I can say at 27-28V there is imminent danger of overheating and burning out the thruster in minutes or less. Running beyond 20V will increase wear and significantly reduce efficiency, there will be some boost in thrust but most of the additional power will be wasted as heat. However, independent of the 26V rating of the Basic ESC, it has an approximately 30A constant current rating, depending on cooling. At 20V, the T200 draws about 30A constant, near the limit of the Basic ESCs capabilities. If you wish to run a T200 at beyond 20V at full throttle, you will need to use a different ESC with a higher current rating. If you limit thruster power to 600-650W or so by attenuating the throttle, it can be possible to use the Basic ESC and T200 at beyond 20V.

Running beyond the rated voltage of our thrusters does not instantly destroy them, but the rapidly diminishing returns in performance, increased wear, and drop in efficiency mean that we do not recommend doing this. The bottom line is the T200 is rated to run at 6-20V, and exceeding this against our recommendation can have mixed results, as well as void the warranty.

If you are planning on increasing your battery voltage, you need to check the documentation of every other component you have hooked up to make sure they can handle the higher voltage.

-Adam

BTW, we’ll ever see T300?

@e-sup,

We are working on a larger thruster, no specifics that can be shared yet though. :wink:

-Adam

2 Likes

Thank you.

I have a few 20v Lithium Ion batteries I will try in parallel and see if that gets me the extra thrust I need.

Thank you

1 Like

That would be great.

Can you tell us when it comes on the market. (T300)

Thanks in advance.