Battery and Enclosure

Hi,

Question 1;

We bought bluerov2 and we want to improve the design for capability of diving more than 300 meters and in this direction we bought also aluminium tube for electronics parts; however there is no aluminium tube for battery enclosure, because of this situation we are going to produce our own aluminium battery enclosure.

It is written that aluminium tube guaranteed to dive 400 meters, so how about the penetrators, front glass, and connectors is it enough to dive these meters?

Question 2;

We could not make sure about the selection of battery, we are considering the buy one of these battery at the below.

Which one could be more efficient for us and how many baterry should we buy ?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/TURNIGY-MULTISTAR-4S-16000mAh-NEU-Multi-Rotor-Lipo-Pack-20C/253809735401?hash=item3b183d36e9:g:1cEAAOSw1lBbbtkA

https://www.ebay.de/itm/TURNIGY-MULTISTAR-4S-16000mAh-NEU-Multi-Rotor-Lipo-Pack-20C/253809735401?hash=item3b183d36e9:g:1cEAAOSw1lBbbtkA

Question 3;

Which specifications should I consider to buy for these baterries?

Is this baterry charger convenient for these baterries?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/iSDT-Q6-Plus-300W-14A-6s-Smart-LiPo-Charger-Ladegerat-fur-LiFe-Lilon-LiPo-LiHv/323223630459?hash=item4b41a1327b:g:pjMAAOSwf05a3xPG

Thank you for answers.

Caglar.

Hi Caglar,

1. We do have an aluminum battery enclosure.
  2. You have only put one battery selection. This battery will not fit in a 3" enclosure, so it is not a good choice for the BROV2. We have a battery in our store that will work well.
  3. This charger appears to only work with 6s (24V) batteries. We also have a charger in our store that will work with most lipo batteries, including 4S (16V).

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the Reply.

Than we will consider to buy battery enclosure also. But our time is limited.

Can you give you your opinion about this question?

It is written that aluminium tube guaranteed to dive 400 meters, so how about the penetrators, front glass, and connectors is it enough to dive these meters?

And I bought this charger is it available to charge bluerov battery?

Hi @searover360,

The aluminum enclosures were tested and rated to 400m with aluminum end caps and blank penetrators, a modern potted penetrator of the newest revisions will be able to withstand that pressure as well. The new 4" dome is rated to 500m. When did you purchase your ROV? Please note that although individual components are rated to specific depth, the BlueROV2 as a whole is not rated to beyond 100 m even with aluminum enclosures at this time.

That charger will charge the out 18Ah lithium ion battery fine. Note that it has DC input only, you will also need an appropriate power supply to use it.

-Adam

Thanks for the quick reply again!

I purchased my bluerov2 3 months ago. I am actually satisfied all of the detail about the bluerov2.

I noticed that this is not guaranteed for more than 100 metres.

But If I buy aluminium electronic and battery enclosure both.

What can you say about the weakness of bluerov2 for more than 100 metres?

Sincerely.

Caglar.