Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Homebuild ROV from Germany

(Maximilian Büchel) #1

Hi, everybody I´m Max from Germany. I would like to show you my ROV Project.
I started this project 3 years ago but at this time i was unable to find some reliable and affordable thruster.So I stopped working on it.
Its a custombuild frame with Bluerobotics thruster. The diving depth is arround 1000m Seawater.

Greetings Max

(Kaos) #2

Nice looking build. Are you mounting the BR lights in the alloy tubes, so you can get around their 300m depth rating ?
Heck of a long cable will be needed n immense pressure to contend with.
Hope to see some deep dive footage when you get it all sorted

(Harold Scadden) #3

How deep have you actually had the unit? You are saying its’ diving depth is 1000 meters … just curious.

(Maximilian Büchel) #4

@kaos the BR lights are mounted only for testing
There is one of my own lights in front of the frame
@hscadden it hasn’t been in the water yet
But the enclosure and the battery tubes has been tested under pressure at 150 bar.

(Kaos) #5

Not sure what the depth rating for the thrusters are but if you can get it down to a thousand meters, then it would be a stand up day for Blue Robotics. A kickstarter project at 1000m, AWESOME

(Kevin) #6

The thrusters have been tested to 3000m, so @S4ndm4nn should be good. The BR pressure sensor is only rated to 300m though: http://www.bluerobotics.com/pressure-testing-3000m-depth/

I’m looking forward to camera footage from 1000m too! There are only a handful of vehicles that can even go that deep and only one I know of that is DIY, but that’s a sled and has no propulsion power.