What is the best way to have joystick gain percentage on QGC toolbar

Hi, I am working on QGC UI on QT Creator to improve the user experience. I am wondering what is the best way to have current joystick gain percentage (and also light PWM percentage) on the QGC main toolbar. I have added the drop down menu to select/display the gain in the toolbar (refer to the image attached), but they do not work just yet. As far as I understand, there is no such a parameter that indicates the current gain value of the ROV, QGC just send gain_inc and gain_dec to the ROV whenever the buttons are pressed. So, I am looking for a way to implement this.

Hi @ksp1e17, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

ArduSub reports its current gain and lights levels as NAMED_VALUE_FLOAT MAVLink messages. Those are already displayable in QGC’s telemetry overlay, via the ApmSubInfo group:

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 9.48.00 pm

That is correct - the values are not stored or accessible as vehicle parameters, so the best way to access them are via the regularly sent MAVLink messages. The same is true of other vehicle control state values, like the PWM output value for a particular motor (which is accessible via the SERVO_OUTPUT_RAW MAVLink message).

1 Like

Hi @EliotBR, thanks a lot for your help. I managed to implement them in the telemetry overlay.

1 Like