Video stream using gstreamer

hai everyone, can i stream the udp video paackets using gstreamer or anyother python code?

Hi @sudheeshk

Maybe this post can help with your question:

cheers

— VMartini

thank u VMartini

Our instructions on how to use OpenCV can be useful too.

thank you willian, i tried this code, but it is slow compared to QGC video

That is right. If you want to process the video, that is likely the way to go.

If you just want to watch it with low latency, use a multiudpsink in the gstreamer pipeline to send it to someplace else along with QGC at port 5600 of topside computer.

I have been able to send our camera video to a 2nd PC with the multiudpsink process where I can use VLC as a source in OBS Studio.

I’m now trying to use the obs-gstreamer plugin to overlay the camera video directly for lower latency, but the pipeline suggested in another post here is not working for me. Any ideas?

Hi,

For OBS you can use the .sdp file, check here:

Hi Patrick,

I was already using the .spd file for VLC in OBS, my question was why the obs-gstreamer interface wasn’t working as indicated in another post on the forum.

Bill

Hi @billhanot,

I never managed to the the OBS gstreamer plugin to work properly under Windows. The plugin has seen a lot a new activity lately, though: GitHub - fzwoch/obs-gstreamer: GStreamer OBS Studio plugin.

The pipeline seems correct. try to get some logs for the gstreamer plugin, there could be some hints in there.

Do you have the correct gstreamer runtime installed?

Do the example pipelines in the repository work?

Hi Willian,
Yes, I have the mingw gstreamer runtime installed, and no the example pipelines do not work (those that I have tried). I have things working with the VLC plugin and the latency isn’t really an issue as we use the full-screen QGC video for flying the ROV. I might come back to it if/when someone has a simple solution.

Thanks for your help.

Check if you have the binary folder of gstreamer in your windows PATH environment variable, that may be it.