Vacuum testing plug doesn't seem to fit vent penetrator well

Hi guys. I received the new dome port and installed it. Noticed that it still wasn’t holding vacuum very well. Inspected the new port that I had installed and noticed some cracks… I suspect it cracked during my installation.

See my post on this thread…

https://discuss.bluerobotics.com/t/bluerov2-dome-developed-crack/

Cheers.

Mike

The new dome you sent arrived. I attached it to the bayonet yesterday and tried pulling a vacuum. It was better, but still started losing the vacuum gradually almost immediately.

I looked at the dome port closely and discovered it is cracked around the bolt holes.

When I attached the dome port to the bayonet face, I alternated slowly tightening opposite bolts until the flange of the port was fully seated on the bayonet but didn’t crank hard on the screw driver.

I used what I felt was an appropriate amount of torque given that we’re working with plastic.

I noticed someone else had this problem on the website support forum.

Can you send a new dome port?

Any suggestions regarding torque? Bolt tightening procedure?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Bummer! We’ve shipped hundreds of domes without any issues but we’ve had a few recently! We’re reviewing our stock and testing everything to figure out the issue. Please shoot us an email at info@bluerobotics.com to confirm your shipping address and we’ll get a new one out today.

-Rusty

Hey, all, I wanted to bump this as I am having a similar problem. The plugs are too loose and wobbly. When hooked up to a colleague’s vacuum tester for other purposes, we had a fine seal, but the hand pump with its seal always shows leaks. We’ve tested the unit, and it holds just fine with no leak problems.

Is there another plug folk out there have been using for the vacuum tester? Maybe one that screws in like the plug itself? Or a different size or different sized flange or o-rings to provide a tighter fit?