Unable to connect to DVL A50

Thanks Eliot.

To clarify: I am currently planning to use one of the ROVs as a “backup unit” only, so I just bought one single DVL. But both ROVs have DVL I/O boards, and I installed BlueTrails Cobalt bulkhead connectors, so I can swap the one DVL between the ROVs as needed.

So this statement:

… means that for this test, on one ROV running BlueOS with the Navigator, I just grabbed the other DVL I/O board from the other ROV and swapped it in (I have a connector on each of them).

And no, I have not established that the DVL works properly because I have never successfully established a connection, either directly with an ethernet cable plugged directly into one of the DVL I/O boards (attempting IP specification as above), or through the ROV tether.

Yes, it does seem like a communication issue. Clearly the instructions provided by WaterLinked regarding direct connection at the fallback IP address of 192.168.194.95 are not working; I just wasn’t sure whether this was a “meaningful failure” because (I think) none of the BR instructions spell out this procedure explicitly and I wasn’t sure if WL’s instructions were still pertinent or not for this BR integration.

Other users (e.g. WaterLinked DVL A50 integration not working - #14 by Jnyberg) seem to have initially configured the DVL IP address to 192.168.2.95, but I seem to be unable to do that. Can you confirm that the following procedure should have succeeded? :

If so, then I can’t implement this suggestion:

… because I don’t see any GUI when I try to connect.

The observation that the BR ethernet switch has a blinking green LED on port 3 (during tests where the DVL is connected through the ROV) led me to discount the idea of a bad I/0 board. And the actual DVL’s LED behaving as expected (solid green, with an occasional blip off to signal it’s “alive”) suggest the unit is powered and functioning; when I said “apparently has bottom lock in the bucket”, I’m just inferring this from WL’s info about what the LED is signaling.

Thanks for any more clues…
-Scott