Tether management system (TMS), anybody?

…funny to see your drawing Darrel;) …This is the real deal :wink: …riserchange and cant get enough arms;) …by the way… the Best ROV ever buildt… >Kystdesign Supporter :wink: Schilling HD is Fancy, this is a workhorse;)

1 Like

The ‘real deal’ version you posted looks great, but unless you are Bill Gates rich you aren’t going to own one yourself…it costs so much only a university or marine exploration group can afford one. Plus so many engineers are involved in it’s design and construction it is so complicated it takes 4 people to operate it and 12 crewmembers to do maintenance/ deployment, with any major breakage requiring overhaul in port.

My design i can afford to build and operate myself, better if i had a couple helpers.

…we where Two pilots (and a pilot for logging), and did the riserclamp changes with No problem, i have together with a few colleauges there, the Schilling T4 course 2 so if we need, we hehehe dont even fix, we had 3 extra T4 with us( but fixing them is no biggie, you have a manual and you follow it, simple;)… …about ownig one?.. well if you hire it out also, you earn it in a few months!..but i was just posting this for the drawing… it was “legs” there i saw(our are retractable for the ones in the front, and this skid was the only issue(for about 3 hrs)…so there you underestimate us :wink:
(the Rigmaster is for hooking the ROV to the riserclamp, and then we retracted the skids and and used only two (i think we tried to use one moore, but had no purpose exept from beenig a pain in hte ass, getting close to fencing then;):wink: we where 6(3/3) pilots on this ROV, and had another for giving us the view from the backside(the cam on the T4`s wasnt close to, enough for this task;) …but we did this pretty fast;)
(got some good stories about the manips through the years, we did a frontflip with a Merlin when we was hooked to an anchochain for cleaning and measuring. …and i was the first in the stick (shiftchange just after), and after 15 sec, the one titanium finger fell off…;D… and i didnt know about the frontflip, so i just sat there and cursed the "bad titanium;D

Hi,

Has anyone came up with a “cheaper” engineering design for the TMS design yet?

Currently looking at different options. Looking for some input from the guys whom have already built one.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi all, at the end anybody made a TMS for the BR2?