T500 Thruster with Commander and 24v power supply

Hello experts, I have been using t200 for my project at home to move the water, I am using single t200 thruster and I am using with 24v power (20A) adjustable power supply, and it is on timer, thruster comes on 9 am and goes off 8 pm, I set the speed of the thruster with potentiometer which is 20% . When time turn on the outlet thruster comes on and at time it turns off without me doing anything and speed is set at one speed and it has been working fine without an issue, now that you know the background, I bought 2 more t500 thrusters and I am using same configurations but issue with t500 is that when timer goes off at night and timer turns the outlet on in the morning 9am, T500 does not turn on unless I turn the potentiometer to 0 and dial up again to desired speed, why is that and how can I resolve it?

Thank you,

Ravi

From our testing with T200 and T500 thrusters, you may want to increase the power supply and/or decrease the voltage. How much current does it draw in steady state? There is a lot more mass in the T500 rotor and starting at any significant speed will require a lot of power during acceleration. It seems likely the acceleration of the thruster is drawing too much current and causing an issue. Perhaps adjust the power supply to a lower voltage and increase the throttle setting on the Commander to compensate. You could also use a development board of some sort to ramp up the speed slowly. Good luck.

thank you for your advice, I am using 12- 24-volt adjustable power supply which is rated for 30amp max, what kind of board would you recommend ramping up speed slowly and do they come plug and play?

Hi @ravi197699,

I’m not sure if you’ve already resolved this, but just jumping in with some extra thoughts:

The ESCs we sell expect a “stopped”/neutral (1500µs) pulse-duration signal for a few seconds on startup to successfully initialise, which is required before they allow controlling a motor. If you’re not providing that signal before you start trying to command the speed then the expected behaviour is the motor does not move, for safety reasons. This is the documented behaviour in our usage guides.

If that is what you’re doing already then please contact our support email (support@bluerobotics.com) with the details on how your ESCs are behaving compared to what’s expected :slight_smile: