Setting up a video game to collect plastic with ROVs

Hi,
We are currently setting up a video game to collect plastic with ROVs in various areas (rivers, harbours, …). Website is accessible online and explains the concepts - https://www.enderocean.com (french language only sorry). We have done some testings and want now to improve the solution.
We are currently working on batteries duration, sharing control of ROV over the Internet and make sure players do not do stupid things… :slight_smile:
If you are interested in this project and want to work with us, do not hesitate to reply this message or contact me in MP. Project deliveries are under Open Source licences of course.
Thank you !

1 Like

We could be interested in helping.

Fine. Will send you an email with all the details of the project and propose a video-conference. I have seen your work and there is something to do with arms robots you are building.

I would also be interested in helping out.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Ender,

Is it open source ?
We are doing some investigation and development with a new simulation environment that may be useful.

Yes, all works we do are under Open Source licenses. We want this project to be replicated by anyone if it works.

We have planned to train users on simulation environments first. Then, we afford them to pilot real ROV remotely. Can you tell me more about your idea ?

Fine.
Our main issues right now:
1 - provide batteries that works with solar energy and does not need to be switched after some hours, because we plan ROV to be running all day long
2 - improve the grabber to be able to collect more easily wastes (discussing with @PaulP currently)
3 - create a secured Internet access to the ROV commands for users relaying one by one

Hi everyone, sorry for long silence. Was really busy…

About the point I mentioned above:
1 - We plan to use hydrogen fuel cell batteries for our ROV. Is it something anyone has ever planned to do ?
2 - About the grabber @PaulP, we think it is a bit early to deal with this topic as we work on . I will come back to you when it will be the right moment with clear ideas. Thank you.
3 - We have achieved to control the ROV from a Web browser through our website.

Latency and controlq are quite OK (see videos) :

To do that, we use a home-made joystick emulator controlled through FF browser using Nodered.

We are currently switching on mavlink2rest to get rid of QGC. I will publish the contrib to nodered on that point as soon as things are stabilized. I think it could be useful for everyone.

1 Like

Cockpit application is now available on Github:

2 Likes

Level 2 is now online ! Objective is to take up challenges in order to learn how to control a ROV and collect waste.

Leave me a message if you want to have a try :rocket:

1 Like