Rpi and Navio+

@Rusty, Have you cross compiled PCL for raspbian wheezy? Building on the Pi is not possible. haven’t gone down that rabbit whole yet.

Hey Jim,

PCL actually isn’t needed for anything in the bluerov-ros-pkg yet. I took it out of the dependency list this morning. You should be able to run everything without it.

Josh

Indeed, but I was thinking of piping points clouds up the wire for a marine archeology project we are going to try to do once out kit checks out this weekend, so kill a few birds with one stone so to speak, for completeness. But I won’t waste time on the image with it then (though once I do get it cross compiled I’ll add it). I’ll push the image up to my repo tonight and send the url asap. Thanks.

Jim,

We have gotten PCL to compile on the Pi, but in our experience there wasn’t enough horsepower to do anything useful. 2D image manipulation will likely work fine (at least with controlled image resolutions), but you’ll probably want to consider a different configuration for real-time point cloud manipulation.

Josh

I see, thanks for the info. It was an expereiment I wanted to try, but may not be worth the headache. Anyway, piping the video up top and doing the manipulations on the surface is fine and at the time being, the best option anyway. What would be interesting is AUV work using point clouds from close proximity inspection, etc. Things to consider in the future.

Hi All,

I’m new with Rpi and Navio+ of course, in also in this group. I’ve been working with with Rpi and Navio to control a UAV using ROS. In fact, I’ve been working to compile and build mavros which is a extendable package of mavlink, however, I need compile mavlink. Until today I not capable to meet (Rpi+ Navio+ and Mavros(mavlink)) in order to process commands onboard (I’ve been working some days ago). My question is if somebody could made this possible?

Please let me know any comment,

Thanks…

Mavros is a ROS package that handles mavlink messages in the ROS pub/sub environment. If you use rosinstall to get the mavros on the pi, you should only need to catkin_make and be good to go. Why do you think you need to compile mavlink on the pi separately? Check ROSBerryPi install for ROS.

Finally have the kit built LOL.

95% done. Having issues with the cheapo logitech gampad and control. I can arm, motors spin up…fast, and disarm but noting else LOL. Nothing’s ever easy. Also, an update on the images, I ran into issues a month or two ago and haven’t been able to get time to get a clean image preped, my apologies. I’ll get back to that soon.

The garage built ROV is still in the works, no time to work on it, and wanted to get this kit built and tested asap.

Better pics to come!

OK cats, have a few issues…or maybe just one, but but it’s a significant one.

Both the Navio+ and px4-v2 builds have something very wrong with the servo/rc chanel outs. I’ve toyed with trims, calibration, pwm min/max, various rc and servo parameters, followed the instructions for parameter setup to the T, tried the remap from xbox joystick to dual action logitech, and much more to no avail. When I arm the ROV, all motors spin up, and fast, and increase until max. I disconnect all motors, and try to debug channel 1, and the same thing happens. Also when I play with the trim, I get the motor to settle but after a few seconds its starts spinning up. RC values are all 1500 and servo raw values are 1500 as seen in MAVLink Inspector. The other thread that talks about this issue…didn’t help.

Thoughts?

going to gitter now…Solved. Thanks Rusty

NOTE: Stability control is ON when ARMED.

Greetings - very new into the topic. Find my way here. I have recently obtain RPI3 with Navio2 and the intention is to build blueRov. To start tried the

CCTronics: when Navio+ meets ROS and QT5 however after installing the image RPI will to boot. Any idea and any am i going the correct way. Read the comments and a bit a loss so any advise what to installl i.e OS for the RPI + the suitable ROS for the Navio2

Cheers Sasho

correction : however after installing the image RPI will NOT boot.

The Pi will not boot because that is an image for a Pi 2. I found this page with a few hints on how to get ROS on a Pi 3.

-Jacob

Understood and tnx for the help and prompt response !

Btw - i was able to clone ArduSub and built on the imlid provided image of jessy, however had to build the whole package and then build arduSub. Intrestingly the local built of the other components say ArduRover will not work but the ones supplied by emlid do work and the local built of arduSub works as well .