RC Override Control Not Working after change Ardusub Version

Hi @Brandonyxf,

Removing the heartbeat check allows the latest controls to continue running, but you’ll still need to arm the ROV before it will allow any of the thrusters to move in the first place.

It’s good that a connection is being established correctly, and that the light is working as expected.

Good that arming/disarming seems to work, although it’s unclear why the thrusters are moving at max speed, or why it would be those ones in particular. Which ROV frame are you using? Your code is only set up to set some roll, so I’d expect it should only try to use the motors with roll components. It may be worth explicitly setting the flight mode to 'MANUAL' in your code, to ensure it’s only doing the controls you’re commanding.

If it weren’t for this post, which you solved by bringing your ArduSub version back down to 4.0.3 from 4.2.0 I’d suggest going back to 4.2.0. Very odd that the thrusters worked in 4.2.0 but the camera mount didn’t, whereas now the camera mount and lights work in 4.0.3 but the thrusters don’t. I’m not particularly sure what to make of that, so I’ve brought it up internally with our software team, and hopefully one of them has more of an idea about what could be going on.