Laser Scaler need 3.5 volts

Good day,

I am planning to install a laser scaler into my ROV2.

the laser scaler need 3.5 volts input, from where inside the electronics Can I get that voltage.

regards
Luis

Hello,
I might also install some lasers on our ROV… What are you using as a laser scaler ?

As for the voltage, I’d simply add an adjustable DC-DC converter. Just make sure that the current (Amps) needed by the laser sits in between the minimum and maximum current provided by the DC-DC.

There is no 3.5V that you can use. Check the power/current necessary and get a Buck (step-down) Converter. Either a 3.3V or an adjustable one.
Make sure that the input voltage supported can handle the battery voltage and that the output is adjustable or fixed at 3.3 V.

William,

thanks for the hint, well received, I found some good step-down converter on ebay. I will continue with the project.

I have found the laser scaler with a chinese manufacturer. I would like to used before I recomended.

regards
Luis

1 Like

I am also interested in the project. Which laser did you find and how do you plan to mount it on the BlueRov?

Hi Antonio.

I just installed the laser scaler, testing next week on Hydro electric plants.

I will let you know the results.

regards
Luis

2 Likes

Thanks Luis, if you can post a video and a photo where you mount on the BlueRov

@luis.chavez,

Hello, when you do the test, I am interested in your product choice, too.

We are looking forward…

BR
nikos

Hi,

I manage to ensamble 4 units of the Lasers redy to install on Blue robotics ROV2.

the laser need 3.5 Volts, I took 14 volts from the LiPo battery on the ROV and transformed with DROK BUCK DC CONVERTER,

I have 3 pieces available, If you need one please send me a email to luis.chavez@24marine.com

Here some pictures of How I have Installed,

3 Likes

Here a short video of the laser scaler in action

https://youtu.be/Lvka5H_gClY

regards
Luis Chavez
luis.chavez@24marine.com

3 Likes

Curious your thoughts on the laser scaler you used now that it has been sometime, still recommend?

If you want professional overlay with the ability to extrapolate measurements on the spot. Try my Oceanvault - Recorder software. Oceanvault Recorder – Delta ROV Inc

1 Like

Good day Lotus,

yes it is totally recomended.

let me know if you wantmore details drop me a email to luis.chavez@24marine.com

regards
Luis

1 Like