Larger 6" and 8" enclosures: Plans for flat / dome ports? Any chance of a shorter version?

Hiya,
Just wondering if there are plans to release flat and dome ports for the new, larger diameter 6" and 8" enclosures? Also, any chance of shorter lengths? I’m thinking of enclosures for Micro Four Thirds style box cameras like the Z-Cam and Lumix/Panasonic BGH1…

Hi @PeterM,

We don’t have any near-term plans to sell additional 6"/8" enclosure lengths or end caps. I’d recommend filling out either the “Request a feature” or “Ask a product application question” form on our contact page.

In case it’s relevant, it’s possible to get custom tube lengths for the non-locking series flanges from eplastics.com, which we have a direct product link to from the 6" tube page :slight_smile:

Exciting! :slight_smile:

There is some precautionary commentary on dome/lens selection for this kind of application here, from our BGH1 integration.

The BGH1 fits quite nicely in the 5" housing with dome port!

We plan to update the integration guide with 3D model file for the mount seen here, and some other tips.

The biggest draw0back is the camera power button has to be manually pressed after battery connection, which means opening the enclosure on deck every deployment… :anguished:

3 Likes

Thanks @tony-white . Good to know.

That’s a pain… Wonder if the Z-cam is the same issue.

@tony-white I think there is a remote power on/wake-up option (Bluetooth?) for the BGH1. Should be able to used that to remote start on deck.

@tony-white, I’ve added a BGH1 and it powers up every time external DC is applied. ie not POE. I think the key is to make sure it’s powered on, when DC is removed the first time its installed. I’ve had it sealed in an enclosure now for a few months, turns on/off with powerup every time!

@k-deboer that’s certainly the behaviour of the BS1H as well. I had read that a firmware update changed the BGH1 behaviour some time ago.

I believe the firmware update for BGH1 only enables power on if using POE+, which requires 48-52V DC and hardware that negotiates the connection (not just passive POE with voltage on appropriate conductors…)

My understanding and there are a few youtube videos show the behaviour mentioned. I.e. if powered on when dc is cut, it will return to active powered on when dc is reconnected.
We only have a bs1h, and that is certainly how it behaves. Sounds like the BGH1 does the same. Maybe there is a certain setting in menu needed?