Important parameters which specify the professional thruster quality

Hi everyone,
Today I’m going to share +15 years of my experiences about underwater thruster and the parameters which tunned them exceptional one. The parameters have been arranged from the most important to least important ones.

1- Reliability: Reliability is the most important parameter for whom that knows the value of the time. Logistic costs for industrial operations are among the highest one, and unreliable thrusters easily terminate the operations and increase the cost dramatically.

2- Redundancy: Every system is subjected to damage, even the most reliable and professional one. Here redundancy helps the systems to keep working in most critical conditions. Redundancy in sealing, motor controller PcB and etc reveals its value when some trouble comes through within critical operations.

3- Efficiency: Tethers always have the highest portion of drag force especially in high current waters. Thicker tether causes more drag which results demanding more energy and thicker tether. The key parameter is the thruster efficiency. More efficient thruster, The thinner tether the and lower drag force, It is an amazing positive loop which pushes the designer to select highest available thruster on the market.

4- Ease of maintenance: Some thrusters need to be carefully checked and some lengthy algorithm be done after each operation. Most users are unhappy with this sort of thrusters. A good thruster must need least of care and maintenance (sometimes up to years). in some professional one, the thruster itself remind the user the maintenance periods.

5- System friendliness: There are lots of parameters which makes a thruster to be system friendly or not. Electrical noise is one of them. Some thrusters emitted a considerable amount of electrical noises which interfere other electronics, especially the navigation system. Ease of changing procedure of the failed thruster is the other parameter of system friendliness. Most of the thrusters need the system central controllable electronics to be programmed and etc. It is very important that the thrusters be plug and play.

Fortunately today there are some well known valuable options on the market, to be selected by engineers and designers as the ROV thrusters. Among them, Lian Innovative has revealed the most advanced one which fitted mostly all of above parameters. Lots of options and configurations are available from them which make the best choice selection as easy as possible.

Can you guys go troll somewhere else? It is really pathetic when your business, I would assume you are one of the trolls for it, has to go to everyone’s site on Internet and post your junk. Did you ever hear or real advertising and just maybe that would help you out more than pissing off everyone on Internet with your spam.

@Harold,

Hadoo has been spamming over at the OpenROV Forum in the ROV Builders Open Talk Forum also.

I was going to comment on his Open Talk Forum post, but the members seem to be ignoring him as there have been no responses to his post.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

Is there a “Ban” the spammer button on here somewhere … I would trash every account that guy generates … if all else fails, does someone have any spare cruise missiles. Ugh!

@Harold - I can flag it as spam. I haven’t done so because we encourage free discussion on here as long as it’s not wildly inappropriate. I don’t want to create the impression that we moderate posts to favor our own products because we don’t do that.

What does everyone think? Should posts like this be marked as spam or closed? Personally, I’m enjoying reading your responses to them :slight_smile:

-Rusty

It would be nicer if you could tell something technical.

@Hadoo,

How much will one of your thrusters, comparable to the T100, cost me?

Ok … I will bite. @Hadoo. Your website doesn’t have a heck of a lot of technical information past your thrust chart and the curves. What is the pressure rating on your thrusters? You indicate that you have awesome ceramic shaft seals … just how far can they go down in depth.

In addition, why does a Chinese company who is trying to sell stuff World wide only post the prices in what I am assuming is US dollars. Normally when I deal with global sites that sell products they have the option to not only select your language but they allow you to set your currency type. Most of the time it is in their home currency if nothing else.

Why I am at it … you all have been in business for 15 years and you only claim that you are ISO 9000:2008 compliant. Why haven’t you went ahead and obtained ISO Certification? Saying you are compliant is like saying we make Ham sandwiches like your mother used to make them … really?

Since I am on a roll … and since you like to speak technical … I have seen more technical information posted on this site and in the forums then what your entire site with the downloadable information even thinks about having. How about some more details. Everything is so high level that it isn’t funny.

Do you all have an online store? I don’t see one. Oh, please put the dollar sign in from of the price … in case you didn’t understand how everyone on the planet does it.

I really have a question about your Diver Propulsion Vehicles … you have rated battery life of 3600 Watt-Hours on your larger unit and a cruising range of 30 Km … then you state mph for the speed. I hate to be nit picky, either keep it in all metric or all english or at least don’t switch up ever other line. Another wonderful quality that leads to a piss poor website.

@Rusty - Here’s my opinion: This is product support forum hosted on the Blue Robotics company website and supported by Blue Robotics staff and customers. If the post contributes information that is pertinent to Blue Robotics or its customers, great. If it’s a post made by a fellow Blue Robotics customer about a non-Blue Robotics product that might be worthwhile to other Blue Robotics customers, then that’s great too. But if it’s a post about a competitive product made by that product’s employee, then I think that crosses the line and should be deleted. It’s not only impolite, but it detracts from the overall focus of the forums.

@Paul … I agree. There has been various talk of outside products that would be of interest to people purchasing Blue Robotics products and that is great in my book too. This guy started his original troll by putting tons of stuff up in a post about everyone else that cost more than their wonderful product and so on. That is bogus.

Here would be something that I think would be ok if a competitive company wanted to post about a product that they carry that Blue Robotics doesn’t carry but would complement the product lines here … then I think that would be ok, but I would ask the owner of the site first. That is at least the polite thing to do.

@Paul and @Harold,

Okay. I generally agree so I am going to close this thread to any more comments.

@Hadoo,

Thanks for sharing your products. Since your post is a promotion for products from a single company and is not intended to complement Blue Robotics’ products, I am closing this thread to further comments.

Best regards,

Rusty