Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Help troubleshooting T100s

(Andrew) #1

I’ve installed 6 T100 with blueESCs onto a ROV (attached image). I updated the firmware giving each thruster a new I2C address. After all six were mounted and connected, I confirmed each one operated via I2C polling/accessing registers/spinning props. The ROV was briefly placed in a pool and each thruster was run at a low duty cycle to confirm operation (~10%). The next day, all six thrusters were working fine (on test bench). However, a few hours later one of the thrusters stopped working (no LEDS, thruster pulled I2C network low). I continued testing with five T100s operating, disconnecting the non-operating thruster. Now a second one has failed with the same symptoms (no LEDS, I2C low). I’ve only used I2C and haven’t done anything crazy to the thrusters. I attempted the FEB 20, 2016 init fix but I can’t upload firmware to the “dead” ones (receive timeouts). Internals look fine, no corrosion. Running on 4 cell Lipo. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

(Rusty) #2

Hi Andrew,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble! These issues are pretty consistent with some occasional failures we’ve been seeing in the BlueESCs. Please send me an email at rusty@bluerobotics.com and we’ll figure out how to repair or replace them for you.

-Rusty