DVL location problem

Hi,
The dvl we are currently using is in the “A” position, but in this way, when the front part turns right, the back part turns left, so we are having problems. As a solution, we thought of moving the dvl from A to B position. Should we deal with software or make a physical change to solve this problem?

Hi @buraktanriverdi,

I’m not certain, but it’s possible this could be solved by adjusting the GPS_POS1_* parameters, and/or the INS_*OFFS_*, which can be done in the Parameters page in QGroundControl. I’ve asked internally to confirm, but you can try that out in the meantime if you want.

If that doesn’t work then it may be necessary to physically move the sensor.

Thank you. I will try

Following up on this, I’ve been told there are VISO_POS_* parameters specifically for this purpose, and I’ve confirmed that they’re available when using ArduSub >= 4.1 :slight_smile:

We’re in the process of moving to a new documentation system that includes versions, so would be able to properly link to something like this, but in the meantime the VISO parameter descriptions should be available from within QGC, and in the ArduCopter parameter docs (although right now that seems to be having some issues with loading the full page).