After more thoughts on this project with feedback from several interested parties. I realized I needed something that could work outside the water so M200 is out.
I put my head together with my mate @DemonRobots and we designed a gearbox with motor inside:
This gearbox is a bit bulky so I need to re-design the crawler assembly.
Before I do this, I will need to validate the design ensuring it doesn’t leak etc. I am waiting on the motors to ensure my housing is good.
No choice in the matter, I need it to be oil compensated if it will work subsea. I guess the advantage is that it should be usable in extreme depths…
Furthermore, I am sure people may have use for an underwater torque motor.
Being that I needed a comp and they are expensive and not fit for my purpose, I designed my own compensator assembly as well. This will also work for my upcoming ROV design.
I designed this one very small, about 31ml. I will also be able to double its capacity by adding a rolling diaphragm on the other side…
This is going to add more time to the design but I am sure it will be worth it.