Blue Robotics Battery Life

Do you have any data regarding the shelf life or functional life of your Li-Ion battery? Years or number of cycles?

Also, do you have a materials safety data sheet for the battery?

Thanks

Hi Ben,
You can find life cycle information on the Samsung 30Q cells used in our battery here. Lifespan will depend on a large number of factors, including charge current, discharge current, temperatures, and depth of discharge, but it appears you should expect the battery to retain at least 70-75% of its original capacity even after 300 cycles.

You can also find storage and shelf life information on the cells in the datasheet. The battery should be stored at 3.7V/cell (14.8V) at 20-30°C for maximum shelf life. The cells will self discharge over time, and as long as they are charged back to storage voltage every few months to keep from dipping below 3.0V/cell they can be stored for years.

If you need the battery MSDS, please email us at support@bluerobotics.com and we will get it to you.

-Adam

Thanks Adam. I’ve requested the MSDS via email.

Hello
Mr.Adam

I am Kazuki Hirata from Japan.
I bought a blue robotics in Japan and wanna bring it to Taiwan.
so i have a problem I cant bring the litium ion battery .its too big to bring in the airplane .

can i also send E-mail to support@bluerobotics.com to get a MSDS??

thank you

Hi @kazuki,

That’s correct, our battery cannot be taken on board commercial passenger aircraft. If you would like a detailed MSDS and other regulatory documentation, please send us an email at support@bluerobotics.com.

-Adam

Dear Mr.Adam

Thank you so much for your reply .

I sent a request about MSDS for litium ion bettery and I got it .

thak you for help me to bring Blue Robotics to Taiwan.

kazuki

Hi,

I have a 3 BlueROV batteries which are around 2 years old which would have been used around 130-150 cycles each. Yesterday, I noticed that the top part of the battery was slightly squishy. I’m not sure if the battery was originally like that or not.
@adam Have you noticed anything like this before?

Hi @DJ95,

Our battery is composed of 18650 cells, which have a steel casing- it’s not possible for the cells themselves to feel squishy.

What you are feeling is the foam on the the top, bottom, and in strips on the sides of the battery. This is normal.

-Adam

Thank you for letting me know.