Two T200 off one battery

I’m am looking to build a small propulsion vehicle for when I’m diving. If I have two T200 will I need two separate ESC’s or will one ESC operate both motors if they are feeding off the same battery. I will be using your lithium ion 14.8v 18ah battery.(would you happen to have a estimated run time on that) Next will the switch you sell control the esc I only need on/off different speeds are not necessary. And would you have a wiring diagram for the motors and ESC.

Hi John,

You should use one individual ESC for each T200 thruster. You cannot operate the ESCs with just a switch, you will need something that can generate a pwm signal like an arduino or a servo controller. Even if you need only on/off, you need to be able to generate a PWM signal to control the ESC. Our battery is 18 Amp-Hours, so depending on your usage the time will vary. You can use the current draw vs PWM input (throttle level) charts in the documentation on the T200 product page to calculate some estimates at various usage levels.

Let us know if you need anything else!

-Jacob

thank you I will probably use an arduino to generate the signal so a single push button will operate both thrusters. would you happen to know where I could get an external pushbutton switch that would be waterproof down to about 130ft.

Some DPVs use a reed switch on the inside of the pressure hull, and a magnet on a slide on the outside to activate the reed switch. You can use an door alarm magnetic contact kit commonly available.

@kovalchick - We have a dial switch rated to well over 130 ft here: http://www.bluerobotics.com/store/electronics/switch-10-5a-r1/

The reed switch is also a good idea.

In either case, if your actually switching the entire battery power, you’ll need a relay that can handle the max current draw of two thrusters. If you don’t want to do that, then you can use the switch to tell the Arduino to send the appropriate signal when pressed.