Low Cost HD-Zoom-Tilt Project

Hello,

I just thought I’d share my experience and this last picture to conclude this topic.

This setup is only for above the water line inspection.

Overall, it worked beautifully.

The buoyancy blocks I bought from BR and cut in half then painted with Jotun epoxy paint.

Three lights are shifted to the top bracket (I just didn’t position them for the picture.)

I was initially concerned that I would need more lights so I bought 4 extra but it turned out totally unnecessary.

The client was really impressed with the picture quality and how we could zoom in.

The bracket does show if you zoom out too much but not necessary in this setup.

Also note there are no verts since the blocks are keeping the whole system afloat.

After this build, I am thinking that using this bulky enclosure as a hub for extra perpetrators would be the way forward.

I am also interested in repeating this on a 3 inch enclosure with a smaller camera at some point in the future.

Improving the bracket for the next build using a 3d printer and also darkening the back with paint on the inside or some kind of dark plastic wold be ideal.

On a side note, I thought the BR2 looked a bit bad ass with the big buoyancy and it is definitely making me want to improve the frame and double the thrusters. But that is a whole other topic :slight_smile:

Cheers,
E.

1 Like