More Shipwrecks at Lake Coeur d'Alene

Super cool to see some more dives - looks like you’ve been pretty busy! :smiley:

Cool! Do you feel like it made a particular difference in use compared to the inbuilt “Thermal blue” theme?

I’m curious, was there a particular reason you kept the Thermal blue for the altimeter display? Maybe the midpoint intensity is generally a good indicator of the lake bottom in which case the bright yellow midpoint makes it act kind of like a diverging scale. I might have to try a few of those to see how it goes…

I’d be interested to play around a bit with the display of the data if you’re happy to share some of it. It’s stored as .bin files in the Sensor_Log folder, which should be in the same PingViewer folder in your documents as the Waterfall_Gradients :slight_smile:

Nice - keen to see this :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking a bit more into the whole colour schemes rabbit hole and it seems like the perceptually uniform/linear ones that I’ve been using were made using a slightly sub-par colour space. There’s a more recent one that fixes some of the issues in that one, so I’m planning to at some point try recreating the existing ones and making some new ones with that colour space to see if it’s possible to get even better differentiation displays (although I imagine there won’t be a heap of difference - it’s mostly just a bit of fun in my own time at this point).

On this, @patrickelectric had a play recently with adding some processing to Qt video components, and found he could do something similar to the processing I mentioned in your previous post, but which runs faster. QGC is built using Qt, but apparently doesn’t use the default Qt video component so it might not be easily transferrable, but it would definitely be cool if we could make a real-time setting that can help improve the camera stream visibility for everyone :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed seeing the water motion in the Little Bass Cam video - it’s super interesting to see the fish interacting with the water as it flows. Was also cool to see the ROV appear at 2:18, and again with lights on at 5:00. Did the tripod get knocked over at 32:30, or was that just you back to collect it? :slight_smile:

The lake must be huge, there are so many shipwrecks! Always fun to see the interesting structures and the plethora of fish.