How Has COVID-19 Affected Your Flow?

Hi there, friends!

We’ve been living in our ~new normal~ for about 3 months now, and I wanted to share a bit about how we’ve adjusted, but we are also curious about how you have all coped with COVID!

For starters, everyone who can work remotely has been, and we now have new “offices” complete with personal “assistants” and short commutes!

We have continued team meetings via Google Hangouts, and we’ve even begun a traditional of virtual happy hours. Last week, some of the guys even live-streamed BlueROV2 footage of some Gripper testing! (On that note, we’re getting close to a re-release of that! :stuck_out_tongue:)

About a third of our team is back at the office, keeping things going, but at a socially safe distance! Big shoutout to our skeleton crew holding down HQ! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

We definitely miss seeing each other in real life, but the technology available is comforting. Each member of our team is just a video chat away!

How are you staying safe and sane during these bizarre times? Let us know how you’re dealing and if you have any tips for us and the community to maintain some sense of normalcy!

1 Like

Hello,

For us, sales have been almost inexistent for 3 month. I was concerned about keeping my business alive.

Shipping delays from our suppliers have created excessive lead time and now that everything is in, all clients want their deliveries at the same time. Which is understandable.

We’re almost out of the rush now and sales have picked up.

We have full staff at work and enough space to keep social distancing.

We are fortunate that no new cases have been reported in our area for quite some time now.

The Philippines reacted quickly and quarantined everyone which played a key role in recovery.

Shipping had been more expensive as well. Hopefully this will get resolved soon as pretty much all my clients are international…

I hope everyone else is safe and bouncing back.

Cheers,
E

Etienne,

I bet it feels a little good to be busy again, even if it’s all at once! I used to get overwhelmed when my mailbox was full, but now I get excited :slight_smile:

Sending my best to you and the DeltaROV team!

Sadly, i believe that with all the hypochondriac liberal morons, even after the real danger has passed, the U.S. will never get back to ‘normal’.