Firmware Update?

Hello, I noticed that with a new batch of Basic ESCs (June/July), the motor startup sounds have changed (previous purchases were in December maybe). Is there a new firmware being used currently? We are having some issues we hadn’t experienced before and I’m trying to see if this is an avenue to pursue.

Thank you,
-jason

Hi @jason-w,

There have been no firmware changes in the ESC. I just confirmed the startup sounds and all firmware setting have not changed with a new ESC. What issues are you experiencing?

-Adam

Hi Adam,

We were able to isolate the issue we were having which was totally mechanical - we had ingested some small gravel into the motor. It was coincidental that it happened three times all on the starboard side (I thought maybe a cutoff value was changed for the reverse direction for instance).

But the startup sounds are definitely different - there is an extra beep and pause before the “jingle” I’ve been hearing for the last year. I could send you some audio/video clips if you’re interested.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - it’s really appreciated.
-jason

Hi @jason-w,

No problem, glad to help. That is surprising that there is difference in the startup beeps, though it makes no difference to operation. Are the ESCs with the different startup beeps on the same flight controller and beep differently? It could be related to the flight controller boot up time.

-Adam