BlueROV2 with visual navigation system

Thanks Etienne

HD is still pretty low resolution it is always best to shoot stills (and always straight down)

• 720p (1280×720 px) = 0.92 MP
  • 1080p (1920×1080 px) =2.07 MP
  • (4K UHD) 2160p (3840 × 2160 px) = 8.29 MP
  • Shoot stills with an old GoPro (Hero 4 @ image every 0.5 seconds) 12 MP

Optics are important the better the base image the more likely you are to get decent results although this

produced

The software (I use Agisoft) is pretty good at removing barrel distortion (have a look at a standard GoPro and how much it puts in http://img1.skisoo.com/2012/09/fisheyeCorrectionFeatured.jpg)

The biggest issue I have found is ISO and blur from motion hence better sensors and more light (sort of) as a solution

Etienne my biggest issue is $'s

I’m not a commercial venture just an individual looking for and documenting shipwrecks so 's always come into it the need to spend money for fuel and time on the water searching for new wrecks V spending money on the SSS or the MB or the ROV they all compete for the few small 's and what will give the biggest overall bang for buck your

A second battery housing and something like your battery holder (sorry mate most likely a home build) are the most likely the 1st port of call (as well as the burn wire system)

Thanks

Scott

Finally Sorry @brianh I don’t wish to hijack you thread again I really like what you are doing