Testdive -Loke ... Nice performance of the ROV!

…1 test dive /search day 1: some highlights… WW2 artifacts and some unnown things… but had an water ingress at about 50 m so had to abort after 2 hrs. only use 25% gain most of the time, ROV is slightly negative, something i have to adjust. Arctic Subsea Robotics "Loke" modified BlueROV2 - YouTube

2 Likes

Fun video! Is yours in the standard six thruster configuration?

1 Like

Yes, for now :)… but i didnt miss any power , but i want to fly in different angles :wink:

Yeah these things look to have plenty of power, but the extra thrusters for tilting seems handy when we only have single function manipulators. It was the first thing I thought of when you were trying to pick up the plate, but I wasn’t sure if it were just too tight of a space. Roughly where was this?

Wel…it was on an inpulse to be honest… its a lot of ww2 things there so i had to see the plate… but i actually didnt expect it to fit that good under there… but i gave it a chanse and got away…if you seei am stuk fir a sec… i looked at depth… 30m…(OK…i can dive;D) …but i got out(there i have 75%) …but impressed!:wink: …my old mentor just asked to hire it so its doing Good :wink: …this is defenitely useful subsea anywhwre…and with the heavy config… well… Sooo easy to pick up things… The SeaOwl is a beauty to fly when you het a hang ov it ;)…and this will do the same!..perfect for Inspections…And here you have All power when you are using manip;)

aaa sorry its in Bergen Norway :wink:

Now this is the task;) …find a proof oft he Saga;) Battle of Florvåg - Wikipedia

Wow, that’s the type of ambitious work that gets me excited! I’ll be honest, the environmental aspect would probably have me looking for something else, but that would still be an extremely cool trip.

1 Like

,go a little into history and see… nothing under 100 feet are seen before :wink:

…here i have mobilised in a Hotel…sek store… Meet Konrad… 4 yrs old… :wink: Konrad (4 yrs) having fun😎🤩 ...mobilised in a Hotel ( Biologen Herdla) 2 store... tether trough window... Easy setup, Easy handling... 😁🤩(flying with... | By Arctic Subsea Robotics | Facebook .

Haha, super cool! It looks like “wheeeee” is the same in any language. :smile:

1 Like

Ahaha Yes it is :wink: and it was really cool…i allway wanted to see how kids are doing with an ROV and will show you later his bigger brother 10yrsM)… after 10 min ha had it All…and started asking questions i had to think to answer;D — suddenly i was in His game;D …He allmost caugt a sea urchin on his first attemt with the gripper;)…i was amazed… he really undestood the modes too… started changing by himself and just got it… i will recomend to everybody…let your kids try…they will supprice you;)

1 Like