Home        Store        Docs        Blog

BlueROV2 on order

(Craig) #1

Well, finally got the boss to push the button, been suggesting for over a year now. We typically use Deep Ocean Eng. Phantoms, VideoRay and occasionally my personnel DeepTrekker. Already 2 tunnel jobs with profiling sonar on the list of things to do starting first week of June. One question, how do I record video with the overlay. I am assuming I will need a separate HDMI recording device (mainly because that is what a friend recommended) just asking what other options are out there. We are a commercial diving/ROV firm, it is imperative to have the data recorded.

(Marcus) #2

Hi Craig, we use Avermedia GameCapture HD 2 units, connected to the PC via a HDMI cable. The capture units use a USB thumbdrive as recording media, or you can also install a HDD into them.

1 Like
(Svein H.) #3

All you need is to buy and download a screen record program and you have solved the problem.

SHS

It does seem like a good idea to push that processing off to a box that records from hdmi. It’s another thing to buy/carry/power, but probably a good option to keep in mind.

(Craig) #5

I went ahead and pushed the button on this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JVLLW1M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Will probably do the trick, and has the added feature of audio. Not to worried about a compact setup, I am putting the control system into a 10U SKB rack case and the recorder will have it’s own 20" flat screen which works best for clients standing over my shoulder.

(Marcus) #6

Except that it uses PC resources and that can be an issue on some machines