T200 Squeaing?

I just recently got my blue ROV2 assembled and tested. I notice that while running in air, my two vertical thrusters make a squealing noise?(the horizontal thrusters do not) Is this normal? The product info page for the T200’s state that they are all tested in air through the entire speed range so I am surprised that they make this noise. Anybody else experience “squealing” with their T200’s?

Hi Jake,

Glad you’ve got your BlueROV2 built! It is normal for the thrusters to occasionally squeal when run dry in air. We test them all during manufacturing, but the squealing seems to be somewhat related to the humidity and conditions at your location. I would recommend running the thrusters in air only to test directions.

If you want to run them for longer, you can dunk the ROV in water to get the thrusters wet and lubricated.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Rusty

Thanks Rusty! Yes, I was running them to test the direction and experienced the squealing. Everything else checks out fine so I guess its time to dive!

Good luck! Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Rusty

Yup, a couple of mine squealed when I first tested them in air. Now that I’ve run the BlueROV2 in water a few times they no longer squeal.

Thanks for the info Paul.