Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Scanning Sonar Testing

(Ian) #21

Wow! This opens the turbid river systems for environmental cleanup…and care.

(Liping) #22

Hi Rusty,

thanks for sharing.

You reckon the same setting would work for RS232?
We got a Tritech Micron but with RS 232 port.

(Rusty) #23

Hi Liping, I don’t think the RS232 could be sent directly through the tether. However, I believe you can reconfigure the sonar for RS485 pretty easily. I’m not sure how to do that but I think it’s in the manual.

(Liping) #24

thanks Rusty. yes just need an extra converter

(BenF) #25

Hi Rusty,

Do you have any wiring diagrams for hooking up the the micron. I didn’t put together our BlueRov2 and we have a micron to try with our unit.

(Rusty) #26

Hi Ben,

I don’t have the Micron wiring info nearby, but you can make the following connections:

Micron Ground —> ROV Ground on Terminal Block
Micron Power —> ROV Power on Terminal Block
Micron RS485 D+ —> ROV Tether Green (for example, can use any extra tether pair)
Micron RS485 D- —> ROV Tether White-Green (for example, can use any extra tether pair)

On the surface you’ll have to connect the green pair to a USB to RS485 converter. Also please make sure that your Micron is configured for RS485 instead of RS232. Their engineers can help you with that if you have any issues.

-Rusty

(Tim Pierce) #27

Define an “interesting” price. I’m interested in theory but not well funded heh.

(Svein H.) #28

Hi @apinsker,
I want to know what your best price is for the MRS900L sonar.

(Andreas Pinsker) #29

Hi Svein, I am no longer affiliated with Echologger.

The official Sales price used to be 6500 US for the MRS900

Pls do not hesitate contacting me directly if there was anything else I could do for you! Best regards, Andreas

(Andreas Pinsker) #30

Tom, interesting means exactly that :wink: that you still consider after knowing the price.

Pls contact me under ap@marine-distribution-consulting.com and I let you know more :wink:

Best Andreas