Optional Tooling for Blue2

Hello BR,
You guys have been doing an amazing job and it is good to see a lot of new names joining the forum. Personally during my travels from February until the present I have met a person in the Congo who has a Blue2 and another in Amsterdam. A good product with great support is making it’s way around the globe. From talking with other owners and also my wish list for future upgrades would be in the tooling department. Simple tools operated by a servo or linear actuators. Softline cutter, sample catcher, mini vacuum or blower unit possibly integrating a T200 as an impellor, a grab claw, etc. Advancing Blue2 capabilities with tooling would make the system much more marketable to clients.

Hi Todd,

Thank for the kind words! We agree it is awesome for us to see just how far the BlueROV2 has reached around the world, and what manner of cool things are being accomplished with it.

We agree that tools and other instruments are necessary to expand the capabilities of the BlueROV2, and definitely have plans for these in the future. We are working on actuators and a gripper, but there is a lot of work to be done, and unfortunately it is a lot more difficult than just waterproofing an off the shelf servo. We are definitely aware that there is a lot of demand for such things, and they are on the list!

-Adam

Hey Todd @canman172

That´s why the Bluerov2 is open source, some of the customers and/or Distributors have been upgrading it by their own and we would like to support BlueRobotics on the nearest future, on the mean time you can try to upgrade it for your needs and share with us what you have done so far.

Hi

I have just developed some implements

for the BR2. One is a claw for crayfish, lobster and sea cucumber. the bigger square one is for scallops and mussels. last one is a fish grabber that would be perfect for lion fish. the actuator is a M200 driven lead screw running off the camera servo channel.

Wow, nicely made. Looks heavy though, have you tried these in water yet?

hi Paul
you are right. they are indeed heavy so will be having to add buoyancy to the ends. the land screw, motor housing and forearms are about the same weight as the normal lead ballast so no so much adjusting there required. biggest drawback is that using the camera servo means that I have not much speed control over the M200 so it tends to slam the backstops at either end of the lead screw pretty hard.hoping somebody will write some software in the future into ardsub to allow additional motors to have throttle control.

paul-unterweiser undersearobotics.com
November 19 |

johng:I have just developed some implements…
Wow, nicely made. Looks heavy though, have you tried these in water yet? Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

johng John Griffiths
November 18 |

Hi I have just developed some implements [claw1][claw2][grabber4][spike1][rov3]for the BR2. One is a claw for crayfish, lobster and sea cucumber. the bigger square one is for scallops and mussels. last one is a fish grabber that would be perfect for lion fish. the actuator is a M200 driven lead sc… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.