Make a video-less version of QGC

Hi guys,

It would be nice to have the option to collapse QGC to only the compass overlay.

I think others would also be interested to use a collapse version on a joystick to show heading etc.

Myself, I prefer handling video with my own processes and I find having to be stuck with the non-shrinkable / non-collapsible window a bit cumbersome.

Cheers,
E.

An interesting idea. The aim of QGC is to have everything in one place. Your goal might be better achieved by a different program that only shows heading, and values that you want.

True but I don’t have time to make another control system.

In the meantime I will try your fix with mavproxy to get the essential data for my overlay.

1 Like

Hey @etienne

That´s the thing I was talking about, I´ve found also the thread of how to get depth and heading data from MAVPROXY which seems very nice.

Next step is to try to get it and build custom controller.

Regards,
LG

Yeah I am on that thread trying to figure out how to get it to work. I want to use the data for my overlay software.

I figured you would be interested in this.

You might want to look at Latte Panda for your controller. Its got everything you need including small panel interface, ehternet and wifi nics, windows 10 and arduino for your inputs…

With this you could seamlessly tap into the BR2 network and get the data.

1 Like

Hey @etienne

That Lattepanda seems very nice board with windows 10 activated edition on it but it is really expensive. It would be good if somehow you can compile Qgroundcontrol on it and stop worrying about carrying a laptop everytime but i dont think 4GB RAM might be enought to run smooth the QGC.

However is a good option, I´m thinking to get the Heading and Depth Data and process on some graphic visual software like Labview. IDK if this is possible but that might work after that you can show heading as gyro on any screen.

Regards,
LG

Hi Luis,

You would be able to control the ROV but forget about processing video. I tried it, it was my initial reason for buying it.

Now I decided to buy an i7 so I can process video overlay and recording on the same machine.

I’m using 40inch and 27 inch monitors and the pv will go on the vesa mount in the back of one of them.

Cheers,
E.