Ice Tracker Prototype

Hi- I am an oceanographer and I study the drift of icebergs and their interactions with the ocean around them. I use very simple GPS trackers but they only transmit position and time. I am building a new ice tracker with external sensors. I want to use the 4" enclosure with a 5 hole aluminum end cap. The temperature and pressure sensors look great. Any ideas on where to get an affordable, but somewhat decent, and easy-to-integrate conductivity sensor? So far, I am looking at the atlas kit: Conductivity K 1.0 Kit | Atlas Scientific . Any others out there?

I will use the rockblock mk2 to transmit data. RockBLOCK 9603 Compact Plug & Play Satellite Transmitter

I’ll post updates as I build. Any suggestions welcome!!

How much accuracy do you need? There are quite a few sensors in the Aquarium controller arena designed for exposed submergance (though the temperature range might be above what you need) that are just 2-3 pin output. Something like this might work and be readiliy available for reproduction. The non lab grade one runs for around $70 usually.

Hi Daniel, we’re in the process of designing a board that will acommodate both the Blue Robotics sensors, Atlas’s sensors and a variety of other sensors including GPS or an echosounder (or anything else that uses NMEA with a little bit of tweaking).

Our project is called EnviroSense, and the initial website and GitHub repositories will be up in a week or two from now, together with test data, We will post updates here as we go along, in the following thread: