Get video in Videolan

Hello,

I am trying to get the video stream showing in QGroundControl and a 3rd party software like videolan at the same time.

I have found how to stream to a different address on this forum so I now have my gstreamer options set like this:
! multiudpsink clients=192.168.2.1:5600,192.168.2.1:5601

I am trying to view the stream in Videoland and am putting this address:
udp://192.168.2.1:5601

It doesn’t work.

Am I missing something?

3 Likes

Try to change the port from 5601 to 2000:

! multiudpsink clients=192.168.2.1:5600,192.168.2.1:2000

After this, open this file with VLC or the program that you are using.

1 Like

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for this. It works for VLC but the latency is horrible. Almost 2 seconds VS QGC on the same screen.

Also I have no way to pass this script on our in-house application.

I need to pass a URL EX:
udp://192.168.2.1:2000/Video01

Could we do this using RTSP?

For instance, if I want to connect to my IP camera I write:
rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.2.88/av0_0

(It doesn’t work in QGC though.)

Check the VLC buffer to solve this problem:

• Tools → Preferences → Show Settings → All → Input Codecs → Advanced → Network Caching (ms)
    • Change the value to 200.

Save the settings and restart the program.

Can you say what are you using in your in-house code, like libvlc, opencv, qmultimedia, … ?
You can modify the gstreamer settings in /camera to use RTSP.

QGC have some hardcoded elements, check here if you need to modify or understand what QGC expects to receive.

We have a new version of companion, that is in Work in Progress, where you can use something like http://192.168.2.2:2770/vlc.sdp to access the stream.

A VLC example:

Can this help you?

1 Like

Can you say what are you using in your in-house code, like libvlc, opencv, qmultimedia, … ?

I use tvideograbber with its UDP/RTSP/RTMP/HTTP/ONVIF DirectShow Source Filter

Unsure if GStreamer can be compatible with DirectShow…

You can modify the gstreamer settings in /camera to use RTSP.

Would you mind giving me the settings c/w what address I should put in QGC?

I tried replacing the udpsink line with with: tcpserversink host=192.168.2.1 port=5600

and updated the QGC to rtsp://192.168.2.1:5600

We have a new version of companion, that is in Work in Progress, where you can use something like http://192.168.2.2:2770/vlc.sdp to access the stream.

Not sure if TVideograbber will like it since the sdp is a script and not the address of the live stream.

It appears that you will need something more than gstreamer to create the rtsp server.
Take a look in this implementation.

I tested the fix on videolan and the stream latency is as good as the BR2 camera. This was unexpected. I am very happy with the results as I can now use my IP camera for flying the ROV.

1 Like

Hello Patrick,

I am getting this to work on my application now but could you confirm that the frame rate of the stream is 25FPS?

Thank you

Never mind.

I found the answer to my own question when I thought about looking here: http://192.168.2.2:2770/camera

1 Like

Hi Etienne,
What kind of ip camera are you using and how did you connect it?
BR
Jan Robert

I connect it with my own software.

Have a look at my builds for more details.

Hello Patrick,
I was trying to do the same. I followed the instructions and changed the config from:

! h264parse
! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96
! udpsink host=192.168.2.1 port=5600

to:

! h264parse

After I open de vlc.sdp file you gave. However I can only see the video stream through VLC when QGC is not open. If QGC is open then the video stream opens for a second while in QGC it stops for a second. After the VLC stream stops and QGC continues normally.
It is as if VLC had tried to take the “stream power” from QGC for a second before this last one regained it.

Any solutions? The objective is to have multidisplay video.
Thank you.
Alexis

You need to set up a multicast video pipeline. We do not have support for this right now, but it is possible to add.
You can instead use different client ips/ports for each stream, like @patrickelectric points out below.

Hi Alexis,

The .sdp file now uses 5600 as default, you can change it to 2000 to run in parallel with QGC.

That is what I thought. I tried that but it does not work. The file only streams video when 5600 is written and QGC is closed.
My file looks like this:

c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
m=video 2000 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

I also tried to change the parameter RTP/AVP to UDP (since the config seems to be multiUDPsink) following this webpage: SDP file - SpinetiX Support Wiki. Now it does not work with either of the ports.
I am running VLC on Linux.

Every-time I loaded the configuration to 192.168.2.2:2770/camera I saved it and rebooted the camera and the ROV, just in case.

Hi Alexis,

Just to check, this is my configuration in /camera.

! h264parse
! queue

And this is my sdp file using port 2000.

c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
m=video 2000 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

And as result, I can use QGC and VLC at the same time (video).

VLC (with port 2000) is not working when you open QGC (with port 5600) ?

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.
It is the same text/code I have in my configuration and .sdp file, but just in case I copied and pasted it again.
Here is the result: twoVideos - YouTube
No video on the .sdp file with port 2000. I guess the problem is somewhere else but I cannot figure it out.

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for the video, maybe your operating system has a process that is blocking/using this port, can you try with another number, E.g 5228 or any other port that you can test ?
This same issue happens when you’re using udpsink and port 2000 ?

OK
I guess there is some problem with my configuration not being taken into account. I have written udpsink 2000 and It still only works with the port 5600.
After writing my configuration I click on save options, restart camera and reboot. It is saved because if I shut-down the companion computer and then reconnect it the configuration is still there, I can retrieve it from 192.168.2.2:2770/camera. However it seems that it is not being interpreted.

Should I reinstall the image?

Hi Alexis,

Can you update if you are not already in the last version ?
If you already are in the last version or have done any modification in the companion computer, please, try to reinstall the image.