Flashing Pixhawk

@edward - Yes, the video script only sends the video to 192.168.2.1. It should work if you can set up that IP address.

-Rusty

Hi all.

Just to let you know everything is up and running for a while now.

Thanks for all answers!

Hi Rusty,

I’m trying to flash pixhawk through the pi and getting stuck in the “attempting reboot on /dev/ttyACM0” stage. Seems like Edward and others ended up flashing over USB. Does this feature work? I’ve tried moving the .px4 file onto the pi and using the stdin approach and it says “Got firmware file from stdin!” but still loops here endlessly.

I do see a /dev/ttyACM0 and the ls /dev/serial/by-id shows:
usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_FMU_v2.x_0-if00

Large pixhawk LED flashes Blue and does not change during attempts.

Steve

@Steve,

I just flashed my Pixhawk over its USB connection with the latest ArduSub firmware and all went well following the “Loading Through QGroundControl” instructions found here.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

Hi TCIII,

I’m trying to flash pixhawk through the pi. Do you know if this feature works or do I have to open the electronics tube, pull out the guts, unplug the pi to pixhawk USB cable and reflash the pixhawk directly from my laptop?

Thanks,

Steve

@Steve,

I flashed my Pixhawk before closing up the WTC. As for using the RPi to flash the Pixhawk, I believe that is a question for either Rusty or Jacob.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

Hi Steve,

At the moment flashing through the pi is still in an early phase. What you’re seeing is the flashing script attempting to restart the Pixhawk and activate the bootloader that allows it to reflash the Pixhawk. In our testing, it sometimes takes 10-20 tries, but eventually the Pixhawk resets and it works. Have you allowed it to run for long enough to see if that works?

-Rusty

Hi Rusty,

I let it go for several minutes 4 separate times and much longer 1 time and it never reset. I see the /dev/ttyACM0 port so it looks like the pixhawk is connected to the pi and presenting a USB COM port.

Steve

Steve,

Okay. Seems to be working for some Pixhawks and not for others. Haven’t determined why yet. For now, I’d recommend programming directly with a USB cable.

-Rusty